Medela have completed university studies to report on the benefits of double pumping compared to using a breastpump singularly on each breast one at a time.
- Up to 18% more milk during double pumping compared to single pumping
- Provides milk with higher energy content, especially beneficial for preterm infants
- High energy content indicates increased breast drainage, thereby assisting in the maintenance of lactation
- Increased levels of prolactin – leading to increased milk output
- Twice as fast as single pumping to get the same amount of breastmilk
You can read their full literature here Medela Website
View our selection of double breast pumps and let us know if there is anything we can help you with!