A few trouble shooting and common questions about the Medela Swing Breast Pump
If Milk Accidently Gets into the Pump, (or Goes Up Tubing)
Turn off the pump and unplug from power source. Use a damp (not wet) cloth to wipe the breastpump and proceed as follows:
- Open the battery cover.
- Remove the expanded plastic liner.
- Wash the expanded plastic liner with lukewarm water and squeeze out well. Set aside to dry.
- Pour 200mL of warm soapy water into a container
- Connect the tubing and power cord to the breast pump.
- Hold the other end of the tubing in the container of soapy water. (Rather than attaching to the breastshield).
- Turn on the pump.
- The water is pumped through the tubing into the breastpump, and then flows out again through the opening beneath the battery cover. Allow it to pump until all the water has been flushed through.
- Repeat with 200mL of water.
- Then leave the pump switched on for a futher 3 minutes (with no water sucking), so that it can dry out.
- As soon as the expanded-plastic cover is dry, put it in palce again and close the battery cover.
For more information you can contact Medela NZ 0800 503 553